JCMC is urgently hiring Certified Medical Assistants or Certified Nursing Assistants for our Newport and Morehead City clinics.
Contact JCMC/AMM Human Resources Department: 910-219-8386 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist in coordinating and conducting patient care from pre-visit through post visit.
- Update and maintain current patient data fields in NextGen EHR with essential information which may include, chosen primary care provider, preferred language, contact information, medical history, medication, etc.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Thoroughly communicate and explaining treatment procedures to patients using effective and appropriate communication skills received from training.
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures, handing instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures; Change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens; perform laboratory tests on premises
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record. Provide patient with recommended web-based resources.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician; conduct a medical reconciliation of comparing medications that patient is currently taking with medications that is about to be provided to avoid harmful interactions.
- Ensure that appropriate and proper documentation of medical visit is adequately and precisely entered to patient EHR. Provide patient with information concerning availability of care during after-hours as needed.
- Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy; authorize drug refills as directed.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Graduation from accredited Certified Medical Assistant program.
- 1 year clinical experience preferred.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off