Students interested in enrolling in the BLET program should first contact the program chair to review BLET admissions criteria. During this meeting, students will receive additional admissions paperwork such as employment sponsorship forms, physical requirements, and background check forms.

Program Contact

Amy Snider-Wells
(252) 222-6228


First, complete your North Carolina Residency Determination. This is required before submitting an application for admissions to Carteret CC and establishes whether you’ll pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Once completed, you will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Save this number! You’ll need it for the Carteret CC admission application.

Please note, there are some exceptions for in-state tuition such as military officers and dependents stationed in NC. Carteret CC requires documentation for these exceptions to be made. Requests for exceptions can be made by submitting a Waiver for In-State Tuition form.

We recommend you have access to the following information before you start your residency:

  • Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID
  • Tax Return Information
  • Vehicle License & Registration Information
  • Social Security Number
  • Voter Registration (if applicable)
  • Other Documents (Requested by RDS)
  • Immigration Documents (if applicable)

If you are under the age of 25, you will most likely need to complete residency with a parent or legal guardian.

Have questions about how RDS determines your residency? Contact the Residency Determination Service at 844-319-3640 or rdsinfo@ncresidency.org .

Need access to a computer? Visit Carteret CC’s Student Services in the McGee Building.

If your residency tuition classification changes and you need Carteret CC to update your student record, please email admissions@carteret.edu. Remember to include your RCN number in any correspondence.

For additional information about residency, see Residency FAQs.



Now you’re ready to complete the official admission application!

Things to keep in mind:

  • It’s free.
  • If you need to save it and come back later, you can.
  • Once submitted, allow one week for your application to be processed.
  • If you applied within the last year, you do not need to reapply. Please contact Admissions to confirm; it’s possible you can just update your start term.
  • When completing your application, if you aren’t sure which major to select, please review our programs of study or view our career and resource tools.

If you have questions or need assistance with the admission application, contact the Admissions Office at admissions@carteret.edu or call (252) 222-6060.


You’re almost there! Now, we just need your official transcript(s). Contact all schools you have attended and request they send your official high school, GED, high school equivalency, and/or college transcripts to transcripts@carteret.edu.

  • If you are a current high school senior, you may submit a mid-year high school transcript for provisional admission.
  • Homeschool students must submit their homeschool registration card along with their official high school transcript.
  • If you have earned an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university, you may submit an official college transcript with a graduation date in place of an official high school transcript. Certain academic programs, including health sciences, require an official high school transcript. An official high school transcript showing graduation must be submitted as soon as it becomes available. Financial aid may not be awarded until the official transcript has been received.
Asset 7
placement test


Carteret Community College uses high school GPA or GED test scores to determine placement.  Students with GED scores older than 2014 will be placed in transition courses unless the student chooses to take the placement test.  A student can take the placement test in order to achieve higher placement in English in Math if they are not satisfied with how their high school GPA or GED scores placed them.

For more information or to schedule a placement test, visit or contact the MAPS Center at MAPS@carteret.edu or call (252) 222-6236.


Students must complete the entire online orientation in order to receive credit and finish this step in the admissions process.

Online New Student Orientation                     Schedule Seated Orientation

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap