20 May Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding
Full Funding For All: All Students, All College Expenses
Morehead City, N.C. (May 20, 2021) – Carteret CC received approximately $1.6 million in additional Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding (HEERF). ALL students are eligible to apply for HEERF funding upon enrollment in a degree and/or continuing education program.
With student consent, funds can be applied to any portion of their cost of attendance including tuition, fees, books, uniforms, and supplies related to their program or course. Students can also apply for funds to help cover the cost of childcare, housing, transportation, and more.
To be eligible:
- Students do not need to be TITLE IV eligible
- Students do not need to complete a FAFSA
- Students can be on Financial Aid Suspension
- Students can be enrolled in both seated and/or online courses
- Students can be enrolled in a degree program or continuing education course
- Students can be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, refugee, asylum seeker, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipient, other DREAMer, or similar undocumented student
Additionally, these funds can be used towards prior student account balances incurred after March 13, 2020 with consent.
“Carteret Community College has always been a great value in terms of quality and class size for the cost. Now, with the influx of federal funds for students, it is an even better value,” said Carteret CC President Dr. Tracy Mancini. “I encourage students who have experienced hardships, delays, or doubts about pursuing post-secondary credentials and degrees to take advantage of these funds to find meaningful career pathways to qualify for the many excellent positions open in Carteret County.”
To enroll at Carteret Community College or apply for Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding please visit www.carteret.edu/learnlocal.